I have recently read The Raging Ones, a new age space opera that takes on the question of what happens to society when you know the day that you will die. I thought that this would be a great time to feature five great science fiction reads. This is not a list of the all time greatest science fiction books. There are too many to just include five. However, this is a list of books that I recommend everyone read.
1. The Raging Ones - This is a new release book that looks at a lot of complex topics. I really enjoyed the world building and the characters. It is a book that has kept me thinking long after I read it.
2. Artemis - This book is by Andy Weir who became well known for his book Mars. His second books is just as complex with out as much swearing. Both of his books are worth reading.
3. Ready Player One - I selected this as my favorite book for 2017. It is worth its place. I plan to reread it this year also. This year a movie was released, and while I enjoyed the movie it made me appreciate the complexity of the book all that much more.
4. Fahrenheit 451 - I love Bradbury. He has been one of my favorite authors for as long as I can remember. I love the way he puts words together. It is poetic. Yet, I often do not like his plots. For Fahrenheit 451 I completely disagree with the way the novel ends. Regardless, it is sill one of my favorite novels.
5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - This book has to be the most influential book of my adolescence. I spent years modeling my writing after Adams. After rereading the series as an adult I am not as thrilled with the while series. However, this first book is still a masterpiece.
Have you read any of these books? Are any on your TBR list?
If you enjoy this blog please consider donating. All donations go towards operational costs of the blog. Thanks!